ShopRite Slip & Fall Lawyers
While shopping at the grocery store, you encountered an unexpected danger in your path. Next thing you knew, you were on the ground – and in pain.
Slip and falls at New Jersey ShopRite stores can be more serious than you realize. You’re going to need help with this – with getting the care you need and the money you deserve.
Who better to help you than the NJ ShopRite slip and fall lawyers at Console and Associates? We’ll put our 25 years of experience – including our past successes against ShopRite – to work making the most of your claim.
The consultation is free. Just call (856) 778-5500 today.
Serious Injuries from Slip and Falls at New Jersey ShopRite Stores
Until it happens to you – or to someone you love – you might not realize how serious a slip and fall accident is. But the impact of a sudden fall onto a hard surface can damage your body in all sorts of ways. This damage can be painful, lasting, and extensive.
Some slip and fall injuries are so serious that they can even limit your mobility. It’s hard – maybe impossible – to do the things you want and need to do, like work to earn a living or take care of your family.
The Most Common Slip and Fall Accident Injuries
Some of the injuries our New Jersey ShopRite slip and fall lawyers have seen most frequently include:
- Broken bones
- Head injuries
- Severe neck and back injuries
- Injuries to hands, wrists, arms and shoulders
- Leg, knee, and ankle injuries
You don’t have to have a broken bone for your injuries to be serious. Some types of “soft tissue damage,” like herniated discs, can be severe enough to require surgery.
This means you can’t afford to ignore the injuries you sustain in a slip and fall at an NJ ShopRite store. Waiting can prolong your suffering and even make your injuries worse.
Are Your Injuries “Serious Enough” for a Slip and Fall Claim?
Bad injuries from a slip and fall accident aren’t nearly as rare as you may think. In fact, around 20 percent of falls leave victims with a “serious injury,” the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reported. Your injuries could be more severe than you realize – and worsening symptoms could indicate that you need medical care.
Even if an X-ray isn’t showing damage, even if emergency room doctors assure you that things will be fine, you may find that the pain and disability you’re living with are only getting worse. Our NJ ShopRite slip and fall attorneys have seen this happen to too many clients.
After trying to “tough it out,” these slip and fall victims finally decided it was time to seek further medical care. And it turned out that their injuries were serious after all. They just weren’t the kind of injuries their doctors were looking for, or the kind that present the full extent of their symptoms right away.
If your doctor dismisses your concerns, look for a physician who will listen to you and find out what’s really wrong. You shouldn’t have to just learn to live with pain or physical limitations – especially if there’s more doctors can do to improve your condition.
Need help finding a doctor? Let our attorneys for an NJ ShopRite slip and fall know. We’ll assist you with locating a physician – at no extra charge, of course.
You know best when something feels wrong – and you owe it to yourself to make it right. If you’re experiencing aches, pains, numbness, tingling, or weakness in any part of your body after a slip and fall, get medical care.
Causes of Slip and Falls at NJ ShopRite Stores
The kinds of accidents that bring about New Jersey ShopRite slip and fall lawsuits don’t just happen. They occur for a specific reason – negligence.
More than half of all falls happen because of unsafe walking conditions – conditions that the property owner is responsible for.
Safety Hazards that Lead to Slip and Falls
Some of the safety hazards that most commonly cause slip and fall accidents include:
- Spills and leaks
- Slippery walkways and aisles inside the store
- Icy or slippery conditions outside the building, on sidewalks and in the parking lot
- Cracked floors inside or curbs and walkways outside
- Debris left on floors
- Parking lot potholes
- Tattered or unsecured mats and rugs
There’s no exhaustive list of the kinds of risks that can cause a slip and fall. If you believe that whatever condition caused your fall was a result of negligence, speak up. Our attorneys for a New Jersey ShopRite slip and fall are ready to hear your side of the story.
Grocery Store Slip and Fall Examples
There’s a reason slip and falls are so common at grocery stores. Some dangers are particularly widespread at a retailers that stock and sell food products, cleaning products, and healthcare items.
Some of the conditions most likely to cause slip and falls at New Jersey ShopRite stores include:
- Slippery or wet floors at grocery store entrances or exits
- Squashed fruits or vegetables left on the floor in the produce aisle
- Sprayed or dripped water from sprinklers and misters used to keep produce cool
- Spilled liquids, including beverages, cooking oils, and cleaning chemicals
- Cooler leaks that result in wet floors in the frozen, refrigerated, or dairy aisles
- Dropped food items or other debris left strewn across aisles or walkways
- Recently mopped or hosed-down floors that haven’t been marked with a sign or blocked off
When a business like ShopRite allows a safety hazard to put customers at risk, the company must face the consequences. ShopRite – not you – should be paying for the costs of this accident.
Pursuing a New Jersey ShopRite Slip and Fall Claim
ShopRite won’t just offer you the cash to pay for your medical expenses or your time missed from work – and certainly not for the trouble it has caused you.
The only way you’re going to see the money you deserve is by exercising your legal rights. You need to file a personal injury claim. And you’ll need a New Jersey attorney who understands personal injury claims to fight to get you the best possible results for your case.
Why You Deserve Compensation for a Slip and Fall Accident
A slip and fall can cause your family a lot of problems. In the legal industry, we call these problems damages.
Damages are the losses you experience because of what’s happened to you. And our lawyers for a New Jersey Shoprite slip and fall know you deserve compensation for all of them.
Some of the most common slip and fall damages include:
- The injuries you sustain
- The pain and suffering you experience as a result of those injuries
- The medical bills you incur diagnosing and treating those injuries
- The income you lose when your injuries keep you from working
- Any future costs of caring for your injuries
- The changes in your quality of life as a result of your injuries
The road to recovery is long – and for many slip and fall victims, it’s incomplete. The pain can interfere with your life in ways you never thought possible. And the financial toll this accident will take could plunge your family deep into debt – even though you’ve done nothing wrong.
After all that you’ve been through as a result of this accident, don’t you deserve every penny of compensation available to you?
Do You Have a New Jersey ShopRite Slip and Fall Case?
One question many slip and fall victims ask is whether they even have a case. After all, your situation is unique. Without a legal background, it’s very difficult for you to tell if you have a claim. That’s where our New Jersey ShopRite slip and fall attorneys come in.
With 25 years of experience, we know what makes for a successful slip and fall case. And we’ll work as hard as it takes to win. After all, we’ve handled a number of slip and fall at New Jersey ShopRite store claims – and gotten our clients results.
You might have a slip and fall claim against ShopRite if:
- You slipped or tripped on a safety hazard. To have a claim, you need to be able to show that ShopRite is at fault for your accident. If there was no danger that caused you to fall, you don’t have the grounds for a lawsuit against ShopRite. The safety hazard that caused your fall must have been on a property ShopRite owns or maintains. It could exist inside the retail store or on the outdoor areas of the premises, like sidewalks and parking lots. Since ShopRite doesn’t have to pay for accidents that aren’t its fault, you can expect the company to fight you on this. It might deny responsibility for the safety hazard or deny that the hazard existed in the first place. It’s important to start gathering evidence for your claim right away by taking pictures of the hazard that made you fall.
- You fell and sustained injuries. The law doesn’t allow you to sue for what might have happened – only what did So, if you didn’t get hurt, you don’t have a case. This isn’t always as simple as it sounds. It’s not enough to say that you’re in pain after a slip and fall. You need medical documentation of every one of your injuries.
Without medical records to show that you suffered an injury, ShopRite or its insurer will deny your claim. The company will argue that, if you were really hurt, you would’ve gone to the doctor. It doesn’t care if you were just trying to save money or avoid missing another day of work. The defendant is looking for a reason to deny the claim – and not getting your injuries checked out gives ShopRite that reason.
- Your injuries are serious, permanent, or have a significant effect on your life in some way. When it comes to getting compensation for a slip and fall, you’re entering a legal battle. You’ll have to fight for the money you deserve. You’ll need evidence to prove what happened and experts whose opinions will support your claim. Pursuing a claim can be costly – so it’s important that your damages outweigh the cost of winning the claim. If your only injury is a sprain, a bruise, a minor cut, then it’s probably not worth the time and money to pursue a claim. But if your injuries are serious enough to interfere with your life, that’s when you have a case.
Don’t let the cost of an NJ ShopRite slip and fall claim stop you from getting the money you deserve. A lawsuit is expensive – but that doesn’t mean it has to be a burden to your family. At Console and Associates, we make clients our No Fee Promise for precisely that reason. We don’t want add any more worries to your already complicated life. So you’ll never owe us anything until after we win your case.
Think you have a case? Then it’s time to take the next step.
Call (856) 778-5500 to get your case started today.
The Challenges of an NJ ShopRite Slip and Fall Case
A slip and fall in a grocery store is a kind of case known as premises liability. These claims can be very difficult – especially against a company like ShopRite.
The massive supermarket chain calls itself “the largest retailer-owned cooperative in the United States.” And it didn’t get that way by parting with its profits willingly.
In most slip and fall claims, the company’s insurance carrier is the one who pays for the damages. But ShopRite stores are sometimes self-insured. This means there’s no third party involved. You’re facing off directly against the grocery giant’s intimidating legal team – and ShopRite isn’t likely to back down.
On your own, you may never get the compensation you need and deserve. But just because the case is challenging doesn’t mean you should give up. With the right lawyer for an NJ ShopRite slip and fall on your side, you can get what you deserve. You can get the money you’re entitled to. You can get your life back on track.
Help for Your NJ ShopRite Slip and Fall Lawsuit
An accident at ShopRite can change your whole life in the blink of an eye. Your pain, your financial hardship, and your worries are real. That means you need real help – someone who will go above and beyond to help you through this crisis.
When you choose our firm, you’ll have a whole team of dedicated legal professionals to take care of you.
- We’ll make sure you get the treatment you need – even if you’re having trouble affording care or finding a doctor.
- We’ll guide you through every step of the legal process. You’ll never have to worry about your claim. We’ve got it under control.
- We’ll fight to get you every dollar of compensation you deserve. Our New Jersey ShopRite slip and fall lawyers have won cases like this before – so we know how to do it again.
Ready to start getting your life back? Call (856) 778-5500 today and let us review your claim for free right now.