Pennsylvania Personal Injury Attorney
This is What We Do: We have 25 years of experience helping clients resolve their personal injury claims. We’re here to answer your questions and help in any way we can.
Let Us Deal With Your Claim: You have more important things to worry about. We’ll deal with the insurance company and claim process so that you can focus on getting better.
If You Were Injured In Pennsylvania, We Can Help You Get Your Life Back On Track
Nothing can derail your life like an unexpected injury. Between the severe pain, mounting medical bills, and the prospects of being unable to work – it’s hard not to feel powerless. You’re not powerless. You have rights, and you deserve justice.
Getting hurt due to the careless actions of someone else isn’t fair. They are responsible for your injuries. What is fair is getting the compensation you deserve. Our PA personal injury legal team will help you file a claim for the damages you lost.
If you’ve been hurt in an accident of any kind, call our Pennsylvania personal injury lawyers today.
Causes of Pennsylvania Personal Injury
Personal injury claims are as unique as the individuals and families they involve. No one’s situation is exactly like yours. Everyone has different facts, evidence, injuries, and event impacts on victims’ lives.
But personal injury claims – including yours – have one thing in common. The injuries happened because someone else was negligent, or careless.
Negligence means that someone else’s carelessness led to your accident. You didn’t ask to become the victim, you were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. As a result, you’re forced to suffer the consequences of their negligence. But somehow, you’re still the one forced to live with your injuries, medical bills, and pain.
There’s no way to turn back the clock—we wish there were. But pursuing a personal injury claim to get the compensation you deserve can help you move forward with your life. Pennsylvania law is clear: If someone else is responsible for your injuries, they owe you compensation. We’ll make sure you get every penny you’re entitled to.
The most common causes of personal injuries include:
Not sure if you have a case? That’s okay. One risk-free phone call is all it takes to find out.
At Console and Associates, every accident victim can have an experienced personal injury lawyer in Pennsylvania evaluate their situation at no cost. There’s never an obligation or any sneaky fees to worry about. The consultation is 100 percent free.
If you or a loved one were injured in Pennsylvania, you’ve come to the right place.
- We have more than 25 years of experience helping personal injury victims just like you resolve their claims.
- THIS IS WHAT WE DO- Every single day, we handle Pennsylvania personal injury cases. We have the knowledge and experience to get you the best results possible.
- You Will Get Better: Whether you need help figuring out where to turn for your medical problems or locating a specialist near you, we’re here to help. Getting you fixed and feeling like yourself again is our #1 priority.
- We go the extra mile, working when we can with insurance companies to get your bills paid on time.
- We care because we know from experience what it’s like to be in a serious accident. We treat every client the way we would expect to be treated.
- Our No Fee Promise means you pay nothing until we win money for you.
If you experienced a personal injury and live in Pennsylvania, call us. Let the lawyers at Console and Associates worry about getting you the compensation you deserve. You focus on what’s most important: getting better.
Since 1994 we’ve aggressively protected the rights of our clients, fighting to get them the justice they deserve.
Getting the Compensation You Deserve
After an accident, you have the right to get compensation for your injuries. But you might be surprised how many victims never get the money they deserve. They don’t know their rights or how the legal process works. Sometimes they wait until it’s too late to pursue a claim, or they fall into the trap of negotiating with the insurance company themselves and end up with far less than they should.
To the insurance company, you’re just a number. Insurers are dealing with thousands of claims. They have their profits at heart– not making sure that you’re compensated. In fact, some insurance companies are starting to use artificial intelligence to decide claims, making it easier than ever to lowball people who really need and deserve maximum compensation.
Don’t let this happen to your family. Let the highly experienced Pennsylvania personal injury attorneys at Console and Associates handle the legal process for you and protect your rights.
The Value of Your Personal Injury Case
Remember, your case is unique. Because no other situation is precisely the same, there’s no simple personal injury formula or settlement calculator to tell you what your case is worth. Only a personal injury lawyer in Pennsylvania who knows all the facts of your situation can figure out the value of your claim.
Personal Injury Value Factors
The average payout for injury lawsuits across the country is $60,000, the Statistic Brain Research Institute reported. But that doesn’t mean most claimants get this amount.
Disclaimer: Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances
Some victims get just a few thousand or even a few hundred dollars for small-value claims where the injuries were minor. Others come away with millions of dollars, in cases where the injuries were serious and irreversible and there was plenty of insurance coverage.
Some of the factors that affect how much your case is worth include:
- How severe your injuries are
- How much evidence there is of the at-fault person’s negligence
- Where your case would go to trial
- How much insurance coverage is available
- How sympathetic a jury would be to you and your injury
- The reputation & ability of your lawyer
In the more than 20 years we’ve handled personal injury claims in Pennsylvania, we’ve helped thousands of victims get the compensation they deserve for their injuries.
Personal Injury Law Explained
Did you get a personal injury claim denial letter from the insurance company? Are you tired of filling out endless forms and fielding constant phone calls from your insurance adjuster?
The claims process is complex, but it doesn’t have to be frustrating. A Pennsylvania injury lawyer can guide you every step of the way and handle the details of your case.
Let’s start with the basics. A personal injury simply means that you suffered physical harm. To bring a personal injury case, your injury must be someone else’s fault.
Fault in Different Types of Personal Injury Cases:
- In a car accident, the person at fault is a careless driver who disobeyed traffic safety laws. You might also be able to make a claim with the insurance company of the car’s owner, if he or she wasn’t the one driving.
- In a slip and fall, a landlord or commercial property owner might be at fault. A business tenant might also be to blame. Accidents happen when property owners or tenants allow unsafe conditions – such as a wet floor, a cracked sidewalk, or a dangerous pothole in the parking lot to exist.
- In a dog bite case, the owner of the dog could be at fault for failing to control an aggressive animal.
- In a case of workplace hazards‚ you can only make what’s called a third-party personal injury claim if someone other than your employer caused the accident. Even if this isn’t the case, you may still have a worker’s compensation case.
- In a products liability claim, the maker of a defective product may be at fault for your injuries.
The facts that prove negligence, or a lack of reasonable caution on the part of the person who hurt you, matter.
In a personal injury claim, Pennsylvania personal injury lawyers use these facts to show an insurance company, or potentially a judge or jury, that you deserve compensation. The evidence proves who’s at fault, how serious your injuries are, and how much pain and suffering you experienced.
Most personal injury cases reach a settlement through negotiation, but sometimes you have to go to court to get the money you deserve. That’s why the Pennsylvania Personal Injury attorney’s at our firm focus on trial preparation from day one – so we’re prepared to take your case as far as necessary.
3 Things You Can Do to Maximize the Value of Your Pennsylvania Personal Injury Claim
You can’t control many of the factors that affect how much your case is worth. But that doesn’t mean there’s nothing you can do to make sure you get the the best results in your case. There are some things that you can do soon after your injury to help give your claim the best chance of success.
Personal Injury Recovery
How do you recover from a serious injury? Can you go to your family doctor, or does it make more sense to find a specialist? Where would you find a specialist? These are some of the thousands of questions Pennsylvanian’s asked us in the last twenty years.
When you’re really hurt, it isn’t something you can just “tough out” or “walk off.” The impact of a sudden fall with a hard landing, or of a collision with a two-ton motor vehicle, is a severe trauma that your body just doesn’t have the defenses to withstand. You need medical care.
Getting medical help for a personal injury might not be as easy as you’d think. For one thing, your doctor – the primary care physician you’ve trusted with your health, maybe for years – might refuse to treat you.
This isn’t personal. But when an accident causes your injury, the situation becomes a lot more complex. Accidents can present billing complications, forms, and deadlines that a general practitioner isn’t equipped to deal with. And, unfortunately, you’re the one who suffers because of it.
The good news is that you don’t have to handle this alone.
Your family doctor might not be able to treat you, but there are plenty of knowledgeable doctors out there who can and will – and we can help you find them.
During our more than 20 years practicing personal injury law in Pennsylvania, we’ve met physicians across the state who know how to treat the most common injuries sustained in accidents and how to handle the complexities of medical billing. They Some will even work with you so you won’t have to worry about paying your portion of the bills until your case resolves.
What kind of doctors you’ll see depends on what kind of injuries you suffered. For example:
- You may see an orthopedic doctor or surgeon if your injuries include damage to the spine, muscles, joints, or another part of the musculoskeletal system.
- If you sustained nerve damage or a brain injury, you might see a neurologist.
- For pain, you may treat with a chiropractor and work with a specialist in pain management.
- You may work with physical, occupational, and other types of therapists to regain your physical strength and retrain your body.
The possibility of having to see so many doctors and deal with the hassle of ongoing treatment can be overwhelming. Remember, once you put your claim in the hands of our personal injury lawyers in Pennsylvania, you no longer have to worry about your case. With no annoying legal concerns to distract you from recovery, you can focus on getting better.
All of the medical treatment you need comes with a lot of medical bills. How medical bills work after an accident can get complicated.
- Car Accidents: In many cases, the quickest way to get treatment is to have your own car insurance company cover your medical bills. Then, their own lawyers will go after the company insuring the at-fault driver. Depending on your car insurance policy, however, you might have to go through your health insurance company instead.
- Other Personal Injury Claims: You might have to rely on a health insurance policy to cover your medical bills. Depending on where your injury occurred, this might be your policy or the one of the at-fault party. In either case, you’re at the mercy of these insurers billing decisions. They’ll determine what doctors you can see and what treatment you receive.
- Paying Out Of Pocket: If you don’t have health insurance, you might have to pay for all of your expenses out of pocket. Even if someone else caused your accident, their insurance company might not pay your bills until you prove they are at fault. After a successful claim you might get this money back, but that could be months or years after you get the bills.
The cost of long-term personal injury treatment can easily cost thousands and tens of thousands of dollars – and likely more, if you have to have surgery. But don’t take our word for it. The average non-incapacitating injury costs around $24,000, while the average incapacitating injury costs $74,900, the National Safety Council reported.
Even if you’re only paying a deductible and copays, your personal injury expenses can add up quickly. For many accident victims, it’s only once the medical bills start coming in that it becomes clear they need a Pennsylvania injury lawyer.
Questions About Personal Injury Medical Bills
Trying to put your life back together after a personal injury is hard enough even before you consider medical bills. Then there are the questions:
- If there are multiple insurance companies, who pays for what?
- How do you handle insurance disputes and denials?
- What if you were a passenger at the time of the accident and you don’t have insurance?
- What if you really can’t afford your copays?
First, take a deep breath. Then, let us do what we do best and handle it. When we talk about your situation during a free consultation, we’ll help you figure out what insurance coverage applies to your case.
- We’ll deal with any insurance billing issues for you. Our in-house PIP department will handle any issues that crop up with your personal injury protection (PIP) insurance coverage.
- If you have an unusual situation and aren’t sure if there’s insurance coverage for you, we’ll do the digging necessary to find out.
- If you can’t afford your medical expenses, we’ll write a Letter of Protection. Basically, this document requests that your doctor treat you now and accept payment later, after your case resolves.
- You may have outstanding medical bills at the end of your claim. We’ll work with your doctors to negotiate down these bills as much as possible so you get to keep more of your money.
Medical bills are an unavoidable part of a serious accident. But stressing over them doesn’t have to be. When you contact a PA personal injury attorney at Console and Associates, we take care of them for you.
Pennsylvania’s Personal Injury Lawyers
When you retain our firm to help you with your personal injury claim, you’re doing a lot more than just hiring a lawyer. We understand the complexities of Pennsylvania’s personal injury law thanks to more than 25 years helping our clients win their claims. Our experienced team takes care of everything so you can take the time you need to recover.
If you let us file a claim on your behalf, we’ll fight for every dollar you deserve without charging a dollar for our services up front. Everything, from the first call to the settlement, won’t cost you anything out of pocket. If, for some reason, we can’t settle your claim, you don’t pay anything. Really. You lose nothing by contacting our PA attorneys but have everything to gain. Give us a call today.
Disclaimer: Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances