Here’s what you need to know before you decide you can’t afford an attorney.
It’s no secret that an accident takes a toll on your finances. But if you’re letting your financial situation stop you from hiring a lawyer, you could be making a big mistake.
Not only will an accident lawyer help you get more money for your claim, but hiring an attorney won’t add to your financial troubles.
No-Win, No-Fee Attorneys
What if you could get a lawyer on your side without spending any money upfront?
Work with a team of attorneys who handles personal injury claims exclusively – and have practiced law for more than 20 years.
I know – it might sound too good to be true. You might wonder what the catch is. But it’s actually a common practice among accident lawyers to work on what’s called a “contingency fee” basis.
If your case takes years – as some complex accident cases do – then you pay nothing until you get money from it.
If your lawyer fails to get you compensation at all, then you pay nothing, period, for the attorney’s services.
What do you pay, exactly? It depends on state regulations and practices, but what’s certain is that you’ll never have to pay more than you win. The attorney will get paid a percentage of what he or she is able to get for you. You’ll discuss and agree upon this percentage at the start of your case, so there won’t be any unpleasant surprises.
Most attorneys who practice in a given state charge a pretty standard percentage. If an attorney advertises an unusually low fee, be cautious. Remember, sometimes you really do get what you pay for – and you only have one chance to pursue your claim. This isn’t a situation where you want to sacrifice quality to save a few bucks.
What’s Included in No-Win, No-Fee Representation?
You may be wondering what sort of service you can expect from an attorney who works on contingency.
While I can’t speak for other firms, I can tell you that Console & Associates P.C. goes beyond a simple contingency fee arrangement and makes every client our No Fee Promise.
Some of the features you’ll find in our No Fee Promise include:
- A 100 percent free consultation in person or by phone – whatever is more convenient for you.
- All costs associated with your claim covered. We’ll front the costs for expert witnesses, filing legal documents, and whatever else your claim needs. If we don’t get money for you, then you don’t have to pay us back.
- No charge for our time – no matter how much of it you need. We’ll never charge you hourly fees for meeting with us or talking about your case by phone or email. (In fact, we’ll never charge you hourly fees for anything.)
- Extra assistance, free of charge. We’re here for you. Whether you need help getting your car fixed, getting to doctors’ appointments, or affording your medical bills, let us know. As a courtesy to our clients, we’ve helped them overcome all of these problems – and more.
The Payoff of Hiring an Accident Lawyer
How much more money can you get when you hire a lawyer? Far more than you’ll pay in attorneys’ fees. But don’t take my word for it.
Research has shown that lawyers get their clients, on average, 3.5 times what claimants get for themselves.
A lawyer who can more than triple your compensation will bring so much value to your claim that it more than covers the cost of attorneys’ fees. We’re talking thousands – maybe tens or hundreds of thousands – of dollars in your pocket.
So what do accident lawyers charge?
- Upfront, nothing.
- After the work is complete, just a fraction of what the attorney gets for you.
Still have questions about affording a lawyer or pursuing a claim? Contact us today for your free consultation.