When you are injured you cannot predict how long the injury will affect your life. In an accident you can be lucky enough as to only walk away with minor cuts and bruises, but often times people are injured far worse than that.
An accident resulting in an injury can completely derail your life. In addition to the physical pain there is the added stress over money and emotional worries. Injuries can alter your lifestyle for months, years, or even the rest of your life. With accidents such as motor vehicle accidents, workplace injuries, and any other type of personal injury there are some injuries that are seen again and again. Below are common injuries that can result from an accident due to someone else’s negligence or dangerous or defective products.
- Broken Bones. Treatment for broken bones first calls for the bone being set, or put back into place. Most breaks heal with time, but some more severe breaks may require surgery and long-term treatments. Children face added problems if they break a bone in a growth plate area. Broken bones may cause additional medical issues.
- Lacerations, Cuts, and Bruises. These injuries typically heal on their own, but can result in scaring and infection.
- Soft Tissue Damage. These can be some of the most difficult injuries to manage. Soft tissue damage includes injuries such as whiplash, back injuries such as herniated discs, and injuries to ligaments and tendons. Depending on the severity, treatment can include physical therapy, occupational therapy, pain management therapy, chiropractic, prescription medication and painkillers, or surgery. Damage to the soft tissue can be chronic and difficult to resolve.
- Brain Injury. This can range from mild to severe and short-term to long-term. Symptoms of a brain injury are cognitive changes (which are problems with thinking, memory, or behavior), personality changes, and partial or complete paralysis. In some cases, a brain injury can result in a significant change in lifestyle, and they often times require expensive, lifelong inpatient or outpatient rehabilitation and care.
- Spinal Cord Injury. Injuries to the spinal cord can result in paralysis to varying degrees of severity. This can range from paraplegia to quadriplegia. Spinal cord injuries have a severe impact on one’s lifestyle and requires costly, long-term care and treatment.
If you have been injured in an accident as the result of someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation. Contact an injury lawyer in New Jersey to take the first step towards getting your life back on track. Set up your free, confidential consultation by calling (866) 778-5500 to speak with one of the skilled injury attorneys at Console & Associates P.C. today.