Slip and fall injuries are unfortunately common, causing a range of injuries from mild to severe. If you find yourself or a loved one injured from a fall that was not your fault, contact Console and Associates P.C. NJ slip and fall lawyers We will fight for your claim, maximizing your chances of receiving the compensation you deserve.
Slip and Fall Injury
Our experience has shown us that slip and fall injuries vary widely. Most people who fall only receive minor injuries and few fight for compensation for a simple bruise. In the case of broken bones or worse, it is important to make a claim. You deserve fair compensation for your injuries.
Filing a slip case:
- Helps you receive fair compensation
- Lets you focus on healing instead of medical bills
- Holds the liable party accountable
- Encourages the liable party to never make the same mistakes, saving others from future injuries
At Console and Associates P.C., we will provide you honest advice, including whether you have a case against the other party following your accident. We will always provide our honest advice and you can count on us to fight for you, working hard to secure your compensation.
We always encourage our clients to file a case following a fall accident, as you are entitled to compensation. Making a claim will prevent the need to worry about finances as you recover, or worry about recouping the finances you lost during an already-completed recovery. It can also compensate you for future lost income and future challenges.
We Assist You With Slip-and-Fall Injuries in All Types of Locations
No matter where your slip-and-fall occurred, our team at Console and Associates P.C. will assist you. Falls due to property owner negligence can occur anywhere and the location does not limit the validity of your claim. We can assist you with falls in:
- Public spaces
- And more
The general process for your fall case will be the same regardless of where the accident occurred. There are some variations in specific procedures and slip and fall liability laws for certain locations.
Our Pennsylvania Slip and Fall Lawyers is familiar with every type of scenario. In the rare case that we do not know the relevant requirements by heart, we know where to find the most up-to-date information. We always stay on top of changes to regulations to ensure we can provide you with updated advice.
What to Do Right After a Slip and Fall Injury
Right after you experience a fall injury, there are some smart steps that you should take. We encourage you to get all of the medical attention you need right away. This will not only get you on the road to healing, but also provide official documentation of your injuries. You should also report the accident in writing, ensuring there is an official copy.
Document everything related to the slip and fall accident. This includes contact information for any potential witnesses, asking for statements, and details about when and where the accident occurred. Write down anything you can remember, including what you were wearing and what you were doing right before falling. Do not give a statement. Instead, call our team. Remember:
- Get medical treatment
- Report your accident
- Document everything, including medical treatment and witness contact information
- Do not give any statements to insurance companies, those involved, friends, etc.
- Contact us
Taking these steps immediately after your injuries will maximize the chances of a successful claim. We know how to use all of the information you collect to your advantage. When you talk to our team, we will explain the next course of action.
Document Everything Following a Slip and Fall Injury
One of the most important steps to take following a fall is to document everything. If you think it may be relevant to your case, then you should document it. The more information you have, the easier it will be to prove that the property owner was liable.
When we suggest documenting everything, we mean you should collect the following information at a minimum. There is no such thing as too much documentation following slips.
- Specifics of where and when the accident occurred
- Photographs of the area, including the cause of the slip (the broken stair, loose carpet, puddle, etc.)
- Descriptions or drawings of how you fell
- Your injuries, via photographs, written statements, and official doctor reports
- Witness information, including contact information and written statements (if possible)
- A copy of your accident report
- The shoes and clothes you were wearing – At the very least, photograph them. Ideally, place them to the side.
Our team will work with you to sort through all of the information you document. Our experience and familiarity with the law helps us organize everything in the most useful manner. The more information you provide us with, the better we able to put our resources to use to fight for you.
Let Us Handle the Legal Challenges After a Slip
Following a slip, you may feel tempted to take on the liable party yourself. The process of filing and fighting for a claim is more challenging and technical than most people assume. Instead of attempting to take care of it yourself, let us handle everything.
Our team is familiar with the paperwork required, saving you the hassle of trying to figure out the various required documents. We will also take care of the deadlines, so you do not have to worry about when the claims must be submitted.
- You do not need to deal with any confusing or complex legal paperwork.
- We ensure the paperwork is filed by the deadlines.
- We use our experience to guide the entire process.
- You can focus on recovery and getting back to as close to a normal life as possible.
At Console and Associates P.C., we want you to not only receive your compensation, but we also want to minimize the hassle associated with it. Let us worry about the complex legal matters, just provide us with the information you have and we will do the rest.
When You Have a Case for a Slip and Fall Injury
You will have a case for a slip and fall injury if the property owner was negligent in some way. If this negligence was the cause of your injury or accident, then the property owner or any other responsible party is liable. The liable party can be the property owner, the leaseholder, or anyone occupying or controlling the property. You have a case against the defendant for negligence when:
- The property was in a condition that led to an unreasonable risk
- The defendant knew about the issue or should have known about it
- And, the defendant did not make repairs, provide protection, or provide warning
Our team’s experience with slip and fall injury cases gives us an advantage when proving each of these factors. Between the information you provide us with and that we gather ourselves, we will fight to prove the defendant
Common Causes of Liabilities for Slip-and-Fall Injuries
Over the years, we have seen numerous causes of slip-and-fall injuries, with some more common than others are. The following are some of the more likely causes of this type of accident.
- Uneven surfaces
- Recently waxed or mopped floors
- Potholes in parking areas
- Loose rugs, mats, or floorboards
- Spilled liquids
- Unsalted ice
- Splashed oil or grease
- Poor lighting
- Cords on walkways
- Bright lights on shiny floors
- Garbage on the floor
- Lack of handrails
- Changes in surfaces
Even if your slip was caused by a problem not listed above, our Console and Associates P.C. team can assist you. We work with a full spectrum of causes.
Potential Damages for Your Fall Injury
Our team always fights for you, working to get you the compensation you deserve. In our experience, you may be entitled to the following damages following your suit for an accident.
- Medical bills
- Lost earning capacity
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Punitive damages, rarely
Regardless of the situation, we work with you to understand your slip and fall situation so you can get the maximum compensation. We want to ensure you do not have to worry about financial issues related to the accident, both direct issues like medical bills and indirect ones such as lost earning capacity.
Specific Slip and Fall Situations Requiring Additional Steps
While most slip and fall situations are similar, some require additional steps or considerations. These include:
- At the workplace
- In a school
- In a public space with no clear owner
Our team is familiar with the varying requirements and considerations for your particular fall injuries. This lets us customize our advice and assistance to meet your needs.
Potential Fall Injuries
Some injuries are more common than others as a result of a slip and fall accident. Regardless of your injury, we deliver the same level of service and work hard on your claim. Just some of the potential fall injuries we can assist you with include:
- Broken bones
- Head injuries
- Hip fractures
- Spinal cord and back injuries
- Shoulder injuries
Although these are the most common injuries resulting from a fall, they are far from the only ones.
Understanding Premises Liability and Comparative Negligence
During the claim process, we will work with you to check for premises liability and comparative negligence.
- Premises liability: People have a reasonable expectation of conditions on someone’s property not leading to injuries
- Comparative negligence: How much of the fault is with the defendant and how much with the plaintiff
To maximize your compensation, we:
- Prove premises liability is relevant.
- Minimize your comparative negligence.
Our experience and familiarity with the law help with this.
When to Start Your Slip Case
Start your slip case as soon as possible. Ideally, you should contact our team right away to get started. Remember, you should:
- Visit the doctor
- Get documentation of the accident and injuries
- Contact us
We will get the ball rolling on your claim as most jurisdictions only allows claims within a certain period.
We Take Proven Steps to Fight for Your Compensation
You can count on our team to always take proven steps to fight for your fair compensation. We
- Consult with you to gather initial information
- Collect additional information from witnesses and doctors, when necessary
- File your paperwork
- Fight for your claim
Everything we do is based on our experience. By following the steps that have worked in the past, we maximize the chances of full compensation for you.
Questions to Answer When Planning Your Fall Case
As we plan your fall case, we will answer various questions, such as:
- How long did the hazard exist?
- Why was the hazard there?
- How do we know the accident was not your fault?
Those answers will guide our claims.
Console and Associates P.C. Is Here for You
Our team at Console and Associates P.C. is always here for you and ready to fight for your compensation. We will:
- Offer our legal expertise to guide your claim
- Take care of the necessary paperwork
- Reduce your personal burden when dealing with the accident
We are here to assist you in any way we can.
We Make Claims in Your Area
At Console and Associates P.C., we assist the entire area, including:
- New Jersey
When in doubt, contact us and we will confirm we make claims in your area.
Contact Us for Assistance with Your Fall Case
Do not hesitate to contact our team to assist you. We promise:
- To fight for you
- To provide customized service
- To put our legal experience to use on your case
- To work towards full compensation
Contact us today to start working towards fair compensation from your accident.
The information on this site should not be construed as formal legal advice nor the formation of an attorney client relationship.