How can you succeed in an injury claim against Macy’s? With help from the slip and fall attorneys with more than 25 years of experience.
Until you got hurt in a retail store, you probably associated Macy’s with its doorbuster sales or its famous Thanksgiving Day Parade. But now, the company just reminds you of the place where you got hurt. Macy’s is where your life changed, forever.
Macy’s and other retail stores can pose a serious danger when those who own and maintain the property are careless. But when you’ve become a victim, our Macy’s slip and fall lawyers can help you get your life back on track. Console and Associates are New Jersey personal injury attorneys where you can expect award-winning legal representation for your Macy’s accident, at no upfront cost.
The consultation is private and 100 percent free, so don’t wait.
How Commons Are Slip and Falls at Macy’s?
Slip and fall accidents occur at alarming rates at retail stores like Macy’s. Every year, our Macy’s slip and fall attorneys hear from hundreds of people who got hurt in and around shopping destinations. Talk to any one of our personal injury lawyers and they will tell you the same.
Slip and Fall Facts
In fact, falls as a whole are far more common than most people believe. They send 8,900,000 people to the emergency room each year, according to the National Safety Council. And that makes them, one of the leading causes of unintentional injuries.,
Slip and Falls on Business Properties
What makes accidents and injuries like slip and falls so common at retail stores? Large department stores, particularly those that function as mall anchor stores, like Macy’s, see a good deal of foot traffic on a daily basis.
In fact, slip and falls like yours, are common causes of injuries in retail stores, the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) reported.
The employees of these stores must be attentive in monitoring the premises for dangers. They must block off or fix safety hazards promptly.
But sometimes safety isn’t the retailer’s priority. Negligence may be more common in a store that is understaffed, or that has lax practices when it comes to checking the premises and promptly taking care of safety hazards.
Causes of Slip and Falls at Macy’s
While fall accidents can happen anywhere, a property owner negligently allows a safety hazard to exist; they are more common in some areas of the store than others.
Our Macy’s slip and fall lawyers have seen many accidents happen in what we in the legal industry call, known problem areas., These are places where slip, trip, and fall hazards are unfortunately common, and so, they are places property owners should monitor closely.
Macy’s slip and fall accidents occur most often when shoppers encounter conditions such as:
- Slippery entryways
- Wet floors in restrooms
- Out of place or tattered carpets and floor mats
- Escalators or elevators with walking surfaces that are damaged, defective, or slippery
- Improperly secured displays, advertising signage, shelves, and racks
- Potholes, cracked curbs, and damaged sidewalks in store parking lots
- Dangerous buildups of ice or snow on store walkways and in parking lots
Wherever your accident occurred, it’s important that you have lawyers for a Macy’s slip and fall on your side. Otherwise, you’ll never get the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
The Most Common Injuries from Slip and Falls at Macy’s
The injuries you suffer in a fall can vary significantly, but one thing is true of all of the slip and fall victims we’ve helped. These injuries are serious enough to impact your life in a big way.
Some of the injuries our Macy’s slip and fall accident lawyers have seen most commonly include:
- Head injury
- Back or neck pain or injury, including herniated discs
- Elbow injury
- Broken wrist
- Broken hip
- Tailbone injury
- Knee injuries, particularly torn meniscus injuries
- Broken ankle
- Broken foot
Everything about your case is personal; from the injuries, you sustained to how those injuries affect your life. To make sure you’re compensated for every one of your damages, you need a Macy’s accident lawyer who knows your case is unique and treats it that way.
Proving Fault in a Slip-and-Fall at Macy’s Accident
Simply falling on Macy’s property, inside or outside the store, isn’t enough to get compensation. The only way you’re going to receive money damages is by showing that the property owner is actually at fault for the accident. And that requires evidence.
Typically, commercial property owners in New Jersey and Pennsylvania, as well as several other states, are only at fault for a slip and fall under certain conditions.
A property owner like Macy’s is at fault when:
- The person or entity that owned or maintained the retail store caused the dangerous condition, or
- The property owner knew about the safety hazard but failed to address it, or
- The property owner should have known about the risk and taken steps to fix the hazard but didn’t
Slip and fall examples in which a property owner like Macy’s caused the hazard:
- Mopping or cleaning floors with slippery substances but failing to block off the area or post warning signs
- Carelessly leaving unsecured display signage or retail items in unexpected areas likely to pose a tripping hazard
Examples of slip and falls a property owner like Macy’s knew about but failed to fix :
- Potholes in the parking lot that have already been reported by, or even injured, other guests
- Frayed and tattered carpets that need replacing or repairing
Slip and fall hazards that a property owner reasonably should have been aware of include:
- Icy buildups in parking lots during periods of inclement weather
- Spills caused by shoppers or vendors that are left unmarked, putting visitors in danger
- Wet floors in restroom areas that are not maintained and monitored properly
Wondering what to do after a slip and fall? Call (856) 778-5500 today for the answers to all of your slip and fall questions.
Elements of a Successful Macy’s Slip, and Fall Accident Claim
Your claim’s success, and how much it may be worth, hinges on a number of factors. Some of the most important include:
- The cause of your accident. Remember, Macy’s must be liable, or legally at fault, for you to get compensation. If your accident happened in a, known problem area, where Macy’s knew or should have known about the danger, it’s more likely that you’ll be able to prove the store was responsible.
- The damages you suffered. You only have a claim if you got hurt, otherwise, there’s nothing for Macy’s to compensate you for. But slip and fall damages aren’t limited only to your physical injuries and the medical bills they cause. You can also seek compensation for pain and suffering, future medical expenses, and wages lost due to the inability to work now as well as reductions in future earning capacity.
- The timing. Did you know there are a slip and fall time limit that, if you miss it, could cause you to lose your legal rights? In New Jersey and Pennsylvania, this deadline, called the slip and fall statute of limitations, is just two years. But you need to act much quicker than that if you want to preserve the evidence that supports your claim and give a Macy’s the slip and fall lawyer time to build your case.
- Your choice of slip and fall attorneys If you think any lawyer is capable of handling your Macy’s slip and fall claim, think again. Slip and fall cases require a good deal of evidence and a commitment to getting you the most money possible. You want your case in the hands of a Macy’s injury lawyer who has won plenty of slip and fall claims.
These slip and fall elements don’t just affect whether you have a claim to pursue. They also impact the value of your claim.
How Much Is Your Macy’s slip and fall Lawsuit Worth?
The value of your slip and fall claim depends on the specific facts of your case. Your situation is like no one else’s.
Some Macy’s slip and fall payouts are in the tens of thousands of dollars. Others are six- or even seven-figure amounts. One Macy’s slip and fall lawsuit may go to trial, while another, even one with somewhat similar facts, may be settled out of court.
A lot of factors that affect how much a Macy’s slip and fall settlement is worth are beyond your control. But one way to increase your slip and fall settlement or jury award is to choose a Macy’s slip and fall accident attorney with plenty of experience to handle your claim.
What to Expect from an Injury Claim Against Macy’s
One thing you should know is that, whatever the insurance industry tries to say, a slip and fall case isn’t a way to get rich quick. While every case is different, most slip and fall claims take months, if not years, to resolve.
What happens during those years? Hopefully, you’ll make the smart choice to hire a Macy’s accident attorney. Then you’ll have someone on your side who can do the essential tasks for you, including:
- Investigate the accident.
- Collect evidence, like video surveillance and the slip and fall incident report, that proves Macy’s liability.
- Make sure you’re getting the treatment you need for slip and fall injuries.
- Demand and negotiate a settlement from Macy’s and its insurance company.
- Prepare your case for a trial, if necessary.
- Guide you through the slip and fall lawsuit process from start to finish.
Macy’s Legal Division
Macy’s handles the majority of its litigation in-house, and it has since 2005, according to InsideCounsel.
The retailer staffs its legal department with an army of high-powered lawyers and paralegals who travel across the nation focusing exclusively on lawsuits.
Because this in-house team sees the same kinds of lawsuits, like Macy’s slip and fall accident claims, over and over, its attorneys have built up strong litigation skills.
What does this mean for your Macy’s accident case? You’re not facing an easy opponent, one that will give in and give you what you deserve.
Instead, you’re facing a retail company involved in so many lawsuits each year that it has an entire department of legal professionals in place to fight claims like yours.
Since Macy’s has invested in a large in-house team, it’s not like the company will settle your case to avoid the expense of having an outside law firm defend the case. More likely, it will either deny responsibility or make you an offer to settle for just a small percentage of what you actually deserve. Neither outcome is in your best interests.
The only real option you have is to choose experienced slip and fall at Macy’s attorneys to fight for you.
Choosing the Right New Jersey Macy’s Slip, and Fall Attorneys
Do you know what to look for in a Macy’s slip and fall lawyer? You need someone with:
- The experience and reputation to match Macy’s formidable in-house legal team
- A commitment to getting you maximum damages for your injury
- A willingness to handle your case without charging you anything upfront
With dozens of slip and fall cases won over the course of our 20-year career, Console and Associates have the experience you need for your Macy’s fall claim, and our help won’t cost you anything out of pocket. Ever. That’s because we make all of our clients our No Fee Promise.
When you choose us, you’ll never have to worry about paying upfront fees for legal representation, court filings, or expert witnesses. We cover every upfront cost to make sure that your finances don’t stand in the way of winning your claim. And you’ll only ever have to pay after we win money for you.
Why not put your Macy’s slip and fall claim in the hands of attorneys with years of experience handling these claims? Call (856) 778-5500 and let us start working on your claim today.